President Trump to Remove National Security Adviser HR McMaster?
Do not drop the ring! Archbishop admits some pre-royal wedding nerves
Sonia Gandhi hosted 17 opposition leaders for dinner last night
7000 shoes laid outside Capitol for children killed by gun violence
At least 50 people dead in Nepal plane crash at Kathmandu airport
More than 100 schoolgirls missing after Boko Haram attack in Nigeria
26 February 2018, 09:24 | Colleen Roy
Abducted Nigerian girls' parents to join Bring Back Our Girls campaign
He and other Yobe state residents thought the military withdrawal was a sign that normal life was returning, finally. Yobe State Police Commissioner Abdulmaliki Sumonu on Tuesday told the media there was thus far no report of any abduction.
"Your Excellency our colleagues have mandated me to tell you that we stand by you at this hard time. We are sorry that this could have happened and share your pain". They are not their own daughters alone; they are our daughters as well.
"I have been in your shoes since 2014 when schoolgirls were abducted in Chibok". Still, the conflicting narratives from Dapchi too closely mirrored the notorious 'Na only you waka come?... The parents of these girls will always look up to you with hope in the midst of agony. The location of more than 100 of those girls is still unknown. Not only does this assuage public anxiety and reassure persons more directly concerned, like the schoolgirls' parents, that the government has a firm handle on the threat, it also enhances official transparency and boosts public confidence in remedial capacities of government. Those who admitted there was abduction, came up with a conspiracy theory that the APC leaders perpetuated it in order to win the 2015 elections.
This is a measure of the seriousness with which we are addressing the issue.
"As they passed by me, I saw the girls". This period requires us to be stronger, more united and more focused.
"We believe he was misinformed". Tough times do not last forever but tough people do.
Already tensions are mounting between government officials and the relatives of the missing in the town of Dapchi in Yobe state.
His words: "I welcome Your Excellency on this sympathy visit despite your tight schedules and engagements in Borno State". About 100 of the Chibok girls have never returned to their families in almost four years.
"We were about to start evening prayers when we heard gunshots outside the school".
"We are back here in Yobe as part of efforts to provide some succour to the parents of the girls, to let them know that they are not alone and also to reassure them that we will not rest until we have found the girls". Within the week following the withdrawal of the military, this incident happened.
Narrating some of his crimes, Abubakar said, "Myself and two other Boko Haram commanders, Abu Fatima and Paper, led most of the attacks on schools in Yobe between 2013 and 2014". Facts were severely affronted in ensuing narratives from that calamity, such that the Goodluck Jonathan administration then in the saddle locked down in denial that the incident ever took place. Nigeria's defence spokesman denied that any troops had been withdrawn. Although the terrorists have sustained their sporadic attacks on mostly soft targets over time, the Monday onslaught on Dapchi College is most frightening, and virtually all the concerned authorities are enmeshed in panicky measures and cacophonies. It was very unfortunate.
Real Madrid-Alavés: Marco Asensio a doubt for Zidane
Elsewhere, Celta Vigo gave their hopes of qualifying for the Europa League a boost as Iago Aspas scored in a 2-0 win over Eibar . Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane was delighted with their 4-0 thrashing of Alaves .
Israeli intel thwarts ISIS attack on Australian airliner
Instead, Phelan said, the would-be terrorist left the airport with the IED, and his brother continued onto the flight without it. It was prevented when foreign intelligence agencies intercepted communications from the Syrian jihadist, police said.
25 injured when Mexican ferry explodes after docking
The video , posted online by the newspaper Quintana Roo Hoy in Mexico, also showed a cloud of smoke oozing out of the wreckage. At least 18 passengers were injured in a Wednesday morning ferry explosion at Mexican spring break hot spot Playa del Carmen .